Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Requirements

The cool part about building a custom home is that it gets to be tailor made for you. In order to give the architects a starting point, they gave me a questionnaire to fill out and also gathered some basic requirements that I wanted out of the house. My list of requirements is obviously very similar to the kind of house I've been looking for:
  • Modern, clean design
  • high ceilings
  • ~1500-1800sq ft
  • large, open living room for entertaining
  • large, well-equipped kitchen with pantry
  • more emphasis on living areas, less emphasis on bedrooms
  • garage for at least 1 car
  • server closet
  • high-tech wiring throughout the house
  • media room or living room that can double as media room
  • low maintenance/upkeep
  • try to use natural materials and finishes
With that information in hand, plus a list of architects and projects that I like, Pb Elemental started on a first draft design of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment